Justin Bieber has dropped his defamation lawsuit against two women who accused him of sexual assault on Twitter, Mirror reports
The report says one woman, known only as Danielle, claimed the 28-year-old assaulted her on March 9, 2014 after inviting her to his hotel room at the Four Seasons in Texas.
While Khadidja Djibrine said she was assaulted by the Don’t Go singer in a New York hotel room on May 5, 2015.
Justin has always denied the allegations saying it was “factually impossible”, as he could prove he was elsewhere at the time of both alleged assaults.
Despite filing a $20 million lawsuit against the women in 2020, he asked a judge to dismiss the case in court papers filed in Los Angeles last week.
His lawyer Evan Spiegel released a statement on Tuesday which said: “Justin has decided to move on and dismiss the case for defamation filed in 2020.”
TMZ reports Justin chose to dismiss the case because he “felt his point had been made”.
The defamation case had been scheduled to go to trial in May after mediation with Khadidja Djibrine was unsuccessful. While the second woman ‘Danielle’ was never located.
Court papers filed by the pop star’s legal team accused both women of “fraudulently scheming to seek attention and fame by maliciously posting despicable, blatantly false, fabricated, defamatory accusations that Justin Bieber engaged in sexual assault”.