Emmanuel Iduma is the author, most recently, of A Stranger’s Pose, which was nominated for the 2019 Ondaatje Prize.
1. Favourite book ever: None.
2. Why? It’s very hard for me to think in terms of a single favorite. A list of 10? I’d be able to do that.
3. Last book read? Graham Greene’s Journey Without Maps.
4. Packing for a journey and allowed to take one book. What will it be? A necessary question, since I’m planning for trips at this time. Lucy Ellman’s 1,000-page novel, Ducks, Newburyport.
5. Why? I haven’t read it, and for a long trip I’ll have enough to read.
6. Who is your favourite author/writer? John Berger.
7. Do you think Nigerians read?If we didn’t it would have been impossible for me to become a writer.