Actor Daniel Mickelson died of accidental drug overdose
Rising star Daniel Mickelson’s cause of death has been revealed. The young actor died of a drug overdose on the Fourth of July. He was 23.
The LA County Medical Examiner confirmed to “Entertainment Tonight” Tuesday that Mickelson died from fentanyl and cocaine toxicity. The manner of death was ruled an accident.
Page Six has reached out to the Medical Examiner for comment.
Mickelson’s younger sister, fashion model Meredith Mickelson, was the first to announce his death over the summer.
“My heart is shattered & to write this feels so wrong and i don’t even know what to say,” wrote the bereaved sibling on Instagram. “Yesterday i lost my brother, best friend & the other half of my heart.”
Meredith, 22, added, “He was the happiest brightest smiley most sunshine human to exist and I’m so happy God chose me to be his sister for his whole amazing life.”
An accompanying pic showed the two together as kids.
Best known for his roles in 2017 TV show “Mani” and the indie horror flick “The Killer Clown Meets the Candy Man,” Daniel also aspired to be a designer, having previously announced the launch of his own clothing line.
Following the announcement of Daniel’s death, many young Hollywood stars, including Kaia Gerber, Lottie Moss and Patrick Schwarzenegger, took to social media to pay tribute to their late friend.
“I remember that time we sat on the couch and spent the whole day coming up with our own secret language that we continued to speak every time we saw each other,” Gerber wrote in her caption. “I wish we could go back there. I wish we were still talking in sentences that probably annoyed everyone else but made us crack up every time.”
Daniel’s death is the latest high-profile accidental drug overdose in which fentanyl has played a role. Earlier this month, it was determined that the “Wire” star Michael K. Williams’ death was a result of ingesting fentanyl-laced heroin and cocaine. Source: Page Six